The CSGA Special General Meeting of Members (SGM) is Thursday, August 27, 2020 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm EDT and is being held virtually.
Purpose of the Meeting
The meeting is to consider and to conclude the vote on a special resolution to approve the Seeds Canada Amalgamation Agreement, including the Articles of Amalgamation and the General By-law which form part thereof. Please read the official Notice of Special General Meeting and the complete Special Resolution of the Members.
This proposal would see the amalgamation of the CSGA, with the Canadian Seed Trade Association (CSTA), the Commercial Seed Analysts Association of Canada (CSAAC), the Canadian Seed Institute (CSI), and the Canadian Plant Technology Agency (CPTA) to form a new national seed organization, to be called Seeds Canada. The CSGA Board of Directors is asking you to take the time to become informed, to weigh-in and vote on this proposal.
Complete amalgamation ratification packages have been sent via regular mail to all Members of the Association. The package includes:
- The Seeds Canada Business Plan
- The Seeds Canada General By-law
- The Seeds Canada Articles of Amalgamation
- The Amalgamation Agreement
- Biographies of the inaugural Board of Directors, Advisor to the Board of Directors and the Chairperson of the Seed Certification Committee
- Frequently Asked Questions.
Your hard copy package also includes your Voting Card with your unique control number. The unique control number is assigned to you as an active member of the Association and should not be shared with others. Please safeguard this information as you will need it to cast your vote.
Didn’t Receive Your Ratification Package?
Packages were mailed early the week of July 13. If you have not received your information package, misplaced your voting card, or have reason to believe that it has been improperly accessed by someone else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 613-236-0497 and ask for Lakshana Mahabir.
Advanced Voting is Open
Members may cast their vote in advance of the August 27 Special General Meeting online, by telephone or via regular mail. Advanced voting will remain open until 11:00 am EDT on August 26, 2020. To cast your vote, you will need your unique control number listed on your Voting Card.
- Vote Online at investorvote.com
- Vote by Telephone at 1-866-732-VOTE (8683) Toll-Free from a touch-tone phone
- Vote by hard copy mail ballot by returning the completed ballot found on your Voting Card. Postage is required on the included self-addressed envelope. Hard copy ballots must be received by 11:00 am EDT, August 26, 2020.
Note: Due to potential Canada Post delays, we strongly recommend voting online or by telephone. If you vote online or by telephone, please DO NOT mail back your voting card.
Voting During the Special General Meeting
Voting during the August 27 Special General Meeting will open at 11:00 am EDT and close at 12:30 pm EDT. Please note that only online voting will be available during this time.
Joining the Special General Meeting
This meeting is open to all members and stakeholders. To join the virtual meeting, please go to web.lumiagm.com/471867151 and enter the password: growers2020. Please log into the website at least 10 minutes before the start of the SGM. Internet Explorer is not recommended for this platform.
If you wish to vote during the meeting, please remember to have your voting card with your unique control number on hand. Voting during the meeting is available online only.
If you are not close to a computer or have internet limitations, you may join the meeting via telephone, however, please note that you will only be able to listen in – you will not be able to vote or participate. Please use the numbers below to dial-in: (Note: these numbers are not toll-free)
- 1 778-907-2071 Canada (BC)
- 1 438-809-7799 Canada (Quebec)
- 1 587-328-1099 Canada (Alberta)
- 1 613-209-3054 Canada (Ottawa)
- 1 647-374-4685 Canada (Toronto)
- 1 647-558-0588 Canada (Toronto)
Important SGM Links
- Seeds Canada Amalgamation Ratification Documents
- Seeds Canada Pre-recorded Information Webinar
- CSGA Member Town Halls – Members are strongly encouraged to participate in a Town Hall to voice their opinion, ask questions and discuss the amalgamation proposal with other members.
We are at an important crossroads for the Canadian seed sector
and it is your moment to stand up and be counted.